Sunday, March 15, 2009

SOME people don't like birthdays

i just can't believe i'm related to them. see, i LOVE birthdays whether mine or someone else's. sunday was sherry's birthday and she doesn't like her own birthday. (brandon feels the same way.) it has something to do with too much attention...which i don't get AT ALL. gannah and i talked sherry into having her birthday dinner at the house of dyer. and let me tell you IT WAS NOT EASY. seriously? everyone knows that dano is a great cook...who wouldn't want his dinner for their birthday? well, sherry also knows that birthday dinners at the dyers mean lots of attention on the birthday-girl. there was a little roasting going around the table but she jetted out pretty quick after cake so since we didn't get to fully roast her i just wanted to share a few of my favorite things about my mother-in-law. and since i don't know how old she is (okay, i know but i won't tell) i will just do a top 10 list.

1. she made a really great boy-my husband!
2. treats me like one of her daughters
3. most amazing fabulous cook!
4. she has the most gorgeous flower garden
5. i wish i could sew as perfectly as she does
6. ever-ready to serve anyone, anywhere, any way
7. my children love to spend time with her
8. the best laugh on the planet
9. makes everyone believe they are her best friend
10. the best mother-in-law i could ever dream of

i love you sherry!

5 comments:

alexismdyer said...

did you make that beautiful cake? wonderful!

Unknown said...

brady is sooo the same way, although he's gradually converted during the 12 years we've been married. i doubt our birthday celebrations compare to the house of dyer, but we do try to give a little extra attention.

sherry may never admit it, but i'm sure she'll treasure the attention forever.

can i book my birthday at the house of dyer too?

Erin said...

Yeah, she tells me no bday presents and always has. She says just talking to me on her bday is a treat or a card she loves. She is funny that way. Love my dad, but he probably wouldn't cook her anything for the day so that was nice of you guys.

Molly W. said...

Ah, so sweet! I'm glad you got such a sweet MIL, it makes all the difference! Happy Birthday Sherry! :)

Kjrsten said...

we love grandma sherry! will she cook me a birthday dinner, really that is ALL I WANT, THE BEST COOK EVER@!!!!