Saturday, March 7, 2009

a lesson in faith

our fish is nameless. sometimes i refer to him as cutie pie. isla is conviced it's a girl but i know him better and he's a boy. he's a cute little fish. he swims up to you when you come close to the bowl. he hangs out with me when i'm doing the dishes. he's just a FISH but i really like him.

the other day cutie pie was floating upside down...you know what that means...i was worried he would be dead by the next morning. isla was worried too. i cleaned the bowl and gave him a little food just to see if that would help. but he just kept floating on his back. so, when we were saying our prayers that night isla wispered to me to bless the fish that "she won't die and she won't float on her back anymore." i thought for sure we would wake up to a dead fish and isla would be traumatized that her prayer didn't save her fish. and how would i explain that one.


silly me. the next morning, i came into the kitchen and he was happily swimming and wagging his tail at me.
oh, the faith of a child.

4 comments:

Molly W. said...

Ah, I'm glad her prayers were answered! He cares about it all. :) I MISS YOU!!

Laura Call said...

Loved this! What a great story!

Erin said...

Very sweet!

Margie Quilter said...

That's an awesome story!! I love little kids! They are amazing!