Friday, January 9, 2009

dads make the best pies

when i was a little girl my dad owned a pie restaurant. i remember watching my dad and the pie crew make millions of crusts and fillings. today, my dad still makes delicious pies (if you like pie, that is). i'm not even going to talk about his sour cream lemon pie. DELISH! anyway, last monday brandon asked me to do the FHE lesson. i snarkily told him i had too many jobs still to do (blame the post-baby horomones, okay?) and maybe he could do it. (the horror! shame on me! i know!!) so he decided that it would be an activity family night. he and isla made a perfect apple pie! it not only turned out gorgeous but it was pretty dang good! what a great dad he is! only one more reason i love him so!





7 comments:

Libby said...

that pie looks yummy. what a fun memorie that will make!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful FHE activity! The activity and dessert all in one!

Molly W. said...

OHMYGOSH! Anna, those pics of Isla are GREAT and that pie looks delish!! My mouth is watering!

Laura Call said...

That is one gorgeous looking pie! And where in the heck did Brandon learn to make PIES?? He looks like a pro!

The Price's Wife said...

That Brandon guy makes great pies and pretty good babies too!

enickel said...

Wow, he should teach an EQ pie baking class...and I will make sure Marshall is there!

Kjrsten said...

that's sheri's boy! Great presentation and I bet it tasted great too!