Tuesday, October 16, 2007

let's talk about your big butt


okay, okay, i give in already!

everyone i know has a really big but (it's just ME that has the big BUTT)
a blog or webpage or myspace or whatever...

everyone has pictures of themselves on the web...somewhere

so, here's mine...my big BUT
i didn't want to BLOG because i'm a middle of the road, boring, every-day, stay-at-home (for now), mother of two. and here's my daily routine...we get up (late because i have a newborn), get bathed, dressed, and eat something-usually. then i pick up toys, make the beds, do the dishes, start some laundry, and try to get out of the house.
here's my BUT...

previous to the arrival of child #2 i worked part time. and what i used to think of as "work" was actually my luxury. i didn't know how great i had it. don't get me wrong. i love my babies. i love time with them. but it's days like today that i wish i had my old part-time/oxbow mortgage/assistant to duff/marketing manager/ME time back. i mean, how bad is work if you only do it part time and it's with duff??? because, most of the time it was just me and duff going to lunch at the Keg or goofing off (just like the old plush pippin and harley days). duff and i have worked together a long time...it's going to be tough NOT working with duff. and it's going to be tougher than i thought NOT working at ALL.
so here i am, looking for a place to "unload" it all...

here's how today started off---
first, it was crying over not being able to find the princess panties that we had bought at Target the day before. and yes, i did just say "panties." we cry over panties. and then it was the socks and the way i had put them on her...and then it was having to carry her own doll to the car...and on and on.
yes, i love her. she is the apple of my eye. she is the reason i decided to make another baby. i loved it so much-and still do. but sometimes i just feel crazy.

so...i started this blog to be like everyone else. and put my big butt out here on the web for all to analyze. or not. maybe no one will read this. who cares.

i want to start running again. my butt really IS big right now. i NEED to start running again. but WHEN?? in between feeding sessions in the morning? i really don't know. i'm going on little sleep and by that, i mean this baby eats every 2 hours through the night. i praise him when he gives me 3 full hours of rest in a ROW! yes!

4 comments:

Kjrsten said...

Wo-man, WHOOOAAAA - MAN! being a woman is the best and hardest!raising children is the only job that pays in kisses and yellow poops... priceless! Love the blog! love your bunz too!

Andrea said...

Welcome, dear Anna!!! This is not just a blog for your butt (you are funny), it's your mental escape! Give in to the medium of expression and you can at least survive on little bits of your old self. It's what keeps us sane as we are handling said struggles of calming kids tears over milk poured in the wrong colored cup and other such SERIOUS matters.
You are such a cool woman- I was in Nordies last week thinking of how glad I was you had that job once. :) Hang in there! I be watching...

noelle said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. I sometimes think this is the only place I can talk without being interrupted or argued with or ignored or...what was I saying?

As a mama I lose my train of thought sometimes!

And I soooo know the issues with panties and socks and just not having your day go right. Sometimes it sucks to be little. Try to keep your peace in the midst of her meltdowns. You really are teaching her how to deal with the crap of life...and that you will always be the mama who wipes her tears and makes it as better as you can.

Melody Kingsley said...

I found your blog from another blog linked from another blog and so on. Sounds like we have a lot in common! Check out my "mommy of two" blog when you get a chance. I know exactly how you feel.