Monday, January 31, 2011

Brother Love

a few weeks ago Isla came to me and said "MOM, macrae is always following me everywhere i go! and i'm so tired of him following me!  "

before i could even think of a response macrae (who was just two steps behind her) says, "that's because i love you, isla!"

isla was flattered and they ran off together.

imagine my surprise when two days ago macrae says "mom, rhett is always following me and i don't like him following me!"  

i reminded him that he follows isla and he does so because he loves her...so rhett must love him too.

the last week has been crazy.  the two boys have been serious BOYS.  lots of wrestling, mess making, and running going on around here.  it's driving me crazy.  i am not sure how to deal with the noise and chaos.  i don't like it.  but what am i to do?  put the kibosh on their fun??  sometimes i get angry with them when they sneak out of the backyard and end up down the street.  (it's a bit embarrassing when the neighbor brings them home right?)  and i do make them stop when i find them covered in toilet paper, pieces all over the bathroom and the bites out of the roll? or the endo files all over the carpet...

 but ultimately, i'm trying to relax and let them be brothers.  


 


 

7 comments:

Bella Dyer said...

ha, ha macraes faces! and his hair looks red in this...maybe cause he is by his "red" brother. way cute story about love...oh, so tender! those are the ones we have to remember when its crazy huh? hard i know!!

The Price's Wife said...

If I could just go back and revel in the craziness that IS your life right now, I would. Cutest. Boys. Ever. Just sayin...

Melissa said...

ANNA!!!! I'm so glad you found me. I have loved checking out your blog and your ADORABLE family!!! Where are you guys at these days? You are as beautiful as ever!!!! We are living in Tennessee. It seems like forever since we were in Minnesota. It's so funny because just the other week I was thinking about you because I was making scotcharoos. Do you remember making those out in Minnesota? Mine did not turn out nearly as good as I remember yours being. :) Cory wants me to ask you what Keith is up to these days.

alexismdyer said...

too cute! love dem boys!

Anonymous said...

and they are such cute brothers...

Laura Call said...

Awwww, "that's because i love you, isla!" So sweet.

Molly W. said...

cute boys you got there my friend.