Tuesday, August 31, 2010

there she goes

 "see ya!"


it is literally heartbreaking to see my girl grow up and move into the big bad world on her own.  "it's just 1st grade" you say?  well, i happen to know that even in elementary school it's a dog-eat-dog world.  i was there once, myself.  and as i see my precious children get older it's hard for me to let them be a part of the world where they are not loved and adored and nurtured every minute.  i saw the happiness of childhood in her this summer and realized that even a kindergarten school-year stole a little of her spark.  i shudder to think of what 1st grade, 6th grade, and so on will take from her bright little innocence.  


the precious (and joyful) job that is mine every day!  to love, protect, and teach these little ones is more apparently neccessary to me today than any other day of the year.  

6 comments:

Rachel said...

What a sweet post Anna. I cry every year on the first day of school...it is so sad to me to not have them near me all the time. I love your new backyard and kitchen!

Bella Dyer said...

amen sister...there i go crying again today!

Veronique said...

First grade, Jacob was fine. I held it in. How did these kids get so big? You have a beautiful family Anna!

Lisa said...

oh my goodness! now I'M crying!! I keep thinking these photos are doctored, she's not really growing up that fast. not sweet little Isla! I love her!! I miss her at playdates already. :(

Rebecca said...

I know balling my eyes out Anna!Mine go tomorrow and Im crying thinking about it!

Molly W. said...

They do grow up don't they?! Sigh...and so it begins, another school year. (i'm cracking up at the obvious WA weather..so typical -move to Texas!!) :)