Saturday, June 21, 2008

Alice in Wonderland...ballet or play?


isla spent the last 6 months practicing for alice in wonderland....lots of jete's, plie's, and learning ballet positions, and oh, don't forget learning to be a caterpillar?? yes, she was a caterpillar. although she was completely adorable, i was a little confused as to whether we were watching a ballet or a play. there was a mix of dance styles (definately NOT ballet) and oh, some dialogue?

isla did have a great time with her friends, elsie and victoria. and she loved being on stage. that's all that matters, right? here are the caterpillars backstage...





grandma and booboo each represented the grandparents. booboo took off before isla saw him (go firgure). poor brandon, he had to hold macrae throughout the entire program. what a stud!

4 comments:

Molly W. said...

Cutie.

Alisa said...

Wait a minute you like posted a bunch of stuff and I love it and haven't seen any of it! This all looks really cute like something I would have liked to be there for. Oh and I would have helf Mac, even if my arm fell asleepn(we know I am use to chubby babies and enjoy them).

Alisa said...

PS the flowers were a very cute touch-- did she love them?

laurag said...

HOW ON EARTH HAVE I NOT SEEN THESE?? They are soooooo adorable of them Anna!! Sign me up for getting copies. Although it was the most non-ballet ballet I've ever seen, Elsie had the time of her life. I"m so glad she was able to do it with her friends.